Help shape the future of the Bounds Green low traffic neighbourhood area by completing Haringey Council’s survey and by adding your feedback to the consultation’s interactive map which closes on Tuesday 31st January 2023.
Haringey Cycling Campaign has provided feedback supporting the proposed LTN measures and school streets with key points listed below and would encourage local residents and cyclists to do the same:
1) Myddleton Rd should be made 2-way for cycles to facilitate access to the local shops and the station
2) The one-way streets at the North of area B (LB Enfield) should all revert to 2-way. If keeping them one way is essential to avoid a mini rat run, cycle contra-flow should be permitted. (n.b. The LTN “exit” arrow is pointing the wrong way at Melbourne Avenue). Cycles should be exempted from the existing right turn ban in to Kelvin Avenue.
3) TfL should change the lane designations at the Bounds Green Rd junction to the A406. The two left turn traffic lanes on the N bound approach are extremely dangerous, as cycles have to cross two lanes of traffic to go straight ahead. Many drivers in fact use the second lane to go ahead, so on a bike you risk being overtaken by fast moving traffic on both sides. The Toucan crossings do not have cycle entries to shared use pavement and
do not work.
4) There should be protected cycle lanes on Bounds Green Rd, with priority maintained at all junctions.
5) HCC would support a bus gate on Brownlow Rd (LB Enfield).
6) There should be a protected cycle route on Durnsford Rd, at least from the Library up to Bounds Green Station, possibly a 2-way track to replace parking on the N side of the road.
Haringey Cycling Campaign’s submission on the consultation
You must be logged in to post a comment.