HCC Meeting Minutes 11.3.13

Selena Calder
Adam Coffman
Anna Guidaniec
Joff Verby
Patrick Field
Michael Poteliakhoff
Apologies: Cllr Toni Mallett, Sally Morshead, Eliza Kaczynska-Nay, Nick Chitty, Andrew Rendle
HGV safety pledge/LCC local group meeting
MP had been very encouraged by the meeting with LBH on 21.2.13. He will chase up on Pledge. MP said the HGV discussion was in the context of a meeting covering a wide range of cycling issues and AC thought it would be good if HCC could attend on a regular basis.
HCC’s insert for London Cyclist
Deadline is 25th March. AG has some good “cycling in Haringey” photos. MP said it will be good to have the HGV event ahead of the deadline and write it up. AC would write something on the Haringey School Cycling League.
LBH cycling and walking study
MP outlined the brief for this. MP will scan documents and copy to AG and AC. He thought it would be useful if it produced a handbook of good practice aimed to achieve the objectives.
Crouch Hill road safety scheme – there are further queries on this
MP will respond.
Cycle sheds in front gardens
MP will continue our input to guidance on cycle shelter design and will express HCC support for a change in permitted development rules in the next round of government consultation. Post meeting note: There is a strong view in responses on the newsgroup that permission should not be needed for front garden shelters.
LCC funding, should we forgo this year?
It was agreed we should accept this years funding but spend more on attracting participation e.g in family rides with a float for teas at end of ride. We will order a banner. It can be in PVC logo on white and possibly with plain green side valances for use at tables.
Haringey Loop
The consultants report is not yet available.
School events – HCC could offer Dr Bike and LCC stall. SC said we need to talk to PTA’s. AG will write up for newsletter.