Space for Cycling
- Draft Walking & Cycling Action Plan Consultation - Haringey Council’s draft Walking and Cycling Action Plan is now out for consultation until 10 January 2022. Together with several local organisations, Haringey Cycling Campaign has drafted a detailed response to the plan and below is a brief summary of our key points: We encourage Haringey Council to reallocate road space, creating quality cycle routes… Continue reading Draft Walking & Cycling Action Plan Consultation
- How to respond to the draft Walking & Cycling Action Plan consultation - A recent government opinion poll showed 75% of people favoured encouraging people to walk or cycle to work instead of driving, with only 4% against. Haringey Council is giving everyone an opportunity via this link to help shape Haringey’s walking and cycling action plan (WCAP) for the next 10 years. Please take a moment to… Continue reading How to respond to the draft Walking & Cycling Action Plan consultation
- 5 asks for the local elections 2022 - Ahead of May’s local elections, we are writing to the leaders of the main parties in Haringey to ask for their support for our ‘5 asks’. These are 5 specific requests that, if implemented, will help achieve our vision for a Haringey where it’s safe and enjoyable to walk and cycle. Haringey Cycling Campaign (HCC)… Continue reading 5 asks for the local elections 2022
- Big Bike Ride and Walk, Sunday 26 September - Meet Finsbury Park – inside Manor House entrance – 10.30am for 11am departure to Downhills Park, where the local café will be pleased to serve you! The ride will be marshalled and will be safe for families with children. The group will walk/cycle from Finsbury Park along Green Lanes, down Hermitage Road, through Chestnuts Park,… Continue reading Big Bike Ride and Walk, Sunday 26 September
- LTN consultation: Haringey Cycling Campaign’s response - Following on from our post earlier this month regarding Low Traffic Neighbourhood consultations for the borough, HCC wrote to Haringey Council with our formal response to the proposed measures.