Space for Cycling
- LTN consultation: Haringey Cycling Campaign’s response - Following on from our post earlier this month regarding Low Traffic Neighbourhood consultations for the borough, HCC wrote to Haringey Council with our formal response to the proposed measures.
- Low Traffic Neighbourhood consultations – respond by 17 Sept - Haringey Council has finally launched consultations for three low traffic neighbourhoods (LTNs) – in St Ann's, Bruce Grove and Bounds Green. We have 475 London Cycling Campaign members in Haringey – it would be fantastic if as many people as possible could respond by the deadline of 17 September. Low traffic neighbourhoods reduce through traffic on residential side roads, and encourage residents to walk, cycle, play and meet in a healthier and less polluted environment.
- Big Bike Ride and Walk, Sunday 26 September - Meet Finsbury Park – inside Manor House entrance – 10.30am for 11am departure to Downhills Park, where the local café will be pleased to serve you! The ride will be marshalled and will be safe for families with children. The group will walk/cycle from Finsbury Park along Green Lanes, down Hermitage Road, through Chestnuts Park,… Continue reading Big Bike Ride and Walk, Sunday 26 September
- School Streets 2021 - Haringey introduced another four School Streets in September 2021 in addition to 13 already in place and more are planned. School Streets launched in September 2021 Earlham Primary School (SS22) School Street operates: Monday to Friday 8.30-9.15am and 2.30-3.45pm Earlham Primary school street plan (PDF, 319KB) The Mulberry Primary School (SS23) School Street operates: Monday to Friday 8.15-9.15am… Continue reading School Streets 2021
- The cycle superhighway 1 revamp: will it get any better? - Cycle superhighway 1 (CS1) is approaching its fifth birthday. The route, which is the only fully-signed cycle route in the borough, runs from Tottenham to the City and should be a key commuter line for the east of Haringey and Hackney. Sadly, it has earned a reputation for epitomising all the compromises and bodges that… Continue reading The cycle superhighway 1 revamp: will it get any better?