Space for Cycling
- School Streets 2021 - Haringey has introduced 13 School Streets and more are planned. Haringey Cycling Campaign welcomes this move and has written to the council saying so – and suggesting some improvements. Click here to have your say and tell the council what you think about the School Streets – they are being launched as a 6-month trial.… Continue reading School Streets 2021
- The cycle superhighway 1 revamp: will it get any better? - Cycle superhighway 1 (CS1) is approaching its fifth birthday. The route, which is the only fully-signed cycle route in the borough, runs from Tottenham to the City and should be a key commuter line for the east of Haringey and Hackney. Sadly, it has earned a reputation for epitomising all the compromises and bodges that… Continue reading The cycle superhighway 1 revamp: will it get any better?
- Haringey draft transport strategy consultation: our response - Haringey’s draft transport strategy comes at a vital time for London and its boroughs. As the Mayor of London makes clear in his own plans for transport in London, a shift away from car-based travel is absolutely vital to prevent congestion getting out of control and an escalation of existing public health problems related to… Continue reading Haringey draft transport strategy consultation: our response
- UPDATE – Haringey Cycling Campaign – views on proposals for Middle Lane/Park Road junction - UPDATE 17 Nov – we received the news last night that the proposal for a mini-roundabout has been dropped. We look forward to seeing an alternative proposal come forward. Met with Cllr Ahmet and officers this evening. A proposal is on its way which retains a planter, and ditches the mini-roundabout. — Ivan O'pinion (@OpinionN8)… Continue reading UPDATE – Haringey Cycling Campaign – views on proposals for Middle Lane/Park Road junction
- Support Wightman Road filtering – complete the council survey by this Sunday 14 May! - ‘Daddy, can we please cycle to Finsbury Park again this weekend?’ Last summer extraordinary things happened in one part of Haringey. It was a summer of fun for kids: on roads and streets where before there was only bad air and road traffic noise, now there was the sound of kids playing out. Street football… Continue reading Support Wightman Road filtering – complete the council survey by this Sunday 14 May!