Saturday 18 June, 12-2pm, Pond Square, Highgate N6 6BS.
This will be a relaxed family cycle event on Pond Square with live music and you should definitely visit if you/your child would like to:
- Pick up some stylish bike lights / high vis vest / paniers
- Eat some tasty ice lolly sold from an Ice cream trike
- Give your bike a free health check by Dr. Bike
- Try out cutting-edge cargo bikes to get your shopping up any Highgate Hill
- Test for free an electric hire bike scheme
- Get to know a local bike shop
- Shop packaging free (Please bring your tupper ware boxes and little plastic bags)
- Check your cycle skills in our obstacle/slow speed course
- Sign our petition to extent the cyle path from Hampstead to Highgate https://chng.it/nm75pfYz
- Share Haringey’s cyle stories and best routes
- Find out about Haringey Cycling Campaign
- Enjoy a family ride through the Heath on the dedicated cycle lane from 2pm onwards
- Get advice from the Metropolitan Police
Everyone is invited to bring their bikes and show off thier skills! We look forward to seeing you for and afternoon of cycle inspiration.Please share this email with friends, who are interested in cycling in North London.
The event is inspired to campaign for extension of the segregated cycle lane from Hampstead to Highgate. Highgate has a high pupil population. The cycle lane would allow them to travel independently and safely to school. 23.1% of children in Haringey (2016) aged 10-11 years were classified as obese. This high figure will have likely increased following the pandemic.
Please sign the petition on the link below, if you are supporting a continuous cycle path between Hampstead and Highgate.
Anke & Monica